The term Engineering Computing Region 6 (ECR6), formerly known as the Koffolt Computer Graphics Lab (KCGL), was used in the past to describe one of a number of computer laboratories operated for students in the College of Engineering. Although it no longer has the same meaning (there are no computing regions in the College any more) the term "Region 6" or ECR6, is now understood to describe all IT related support for the departments of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering (CBE), and Materials Science and Engineering (MSE).
Engineering Technology Services (ETS) has recently implemented a new system to track IT problems and requests, which is replacing the previous ERC6 system used by CBE and MSE when needing assistance from IT staff.
To request assistance with a problem or a service, we ask that you use our service portal to enter a ticket as you will find increased functionality here as opposed to traditional email. Attached is a brief document explaining what you can expect from the self-service portal, but these are the important points:
- You can find the ETS Service Portal link at http://ets.osu.edu. Look for the listing on the top menu bar. To go directly to the help portal, visit http://go.osu.edu/ets.
- The portal is your best tool for submitting a request for help, but you can also reach us using these avenues:
- Send an email to email@example.com, which will open a ticket.
- Call our main number at 8-2828 where you will reach a student assistant available to enter your information and reason for your call. Our phones are answered M-F from 7:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M.
- Tickets are monitored daily until 10:00 P.M., but only true emergencies will be addressed after business hours. All other tickets will wait until the next business day.
- Our ticket system will continue to improve with both offerings and functionality. Please let me know, if you encounter any bugs or have feedback.
- If a request is sent to the previous email address, it will forward directly to the new system for a month after which the old email account will be disabled. Please update your address book and links now to avoid a problem at a later date.