You are here
- Home >
Engineering Technology Services (ETS) has recently implemented a new system to track IT problems and requests, which is replacing the previous ERC6 system used by CBE and MSE when needing assistance from IT staff.
To request assistance with a problem or a service, we ask that you use our service portal to enter a ticket as you will find increased functionality here as opposed to traditional email. Attached is a brief document explaining what you can expect from the self-service portal, but these are the important points:
- You can find the ETS Service Portal link at http://ets.osu.edu. Look for the listing on the top menu bar. To go directly to the help portal, visit http://go.osu.edu/ets.
- The portal is your best tool for submitting a request for help, but you can also reach us using these avenues:
- Send an email to email@example.com, which will open a ticket.
- Call our main number at 8-2828 where you will reach a student assistant available to enter your information and reason for your call. Our phones are answered M-F from 7:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M.
- Tickets are monitored daily until 10:00 P.M., but only true emergencies will be addressed after business hours. All other tickets will wait until the next business day.
- Our ticket system will continue to improve with both offerings and functionality. Please let me know, if you encounter any bugs or have feedback.
- If a request is sent to the previous email address, it will forward directly to the new system for a month after which the old email account will be disabled. Please update your address book and links now to avoid a problem at a later date.
Common Building Abbreviations
- CB = Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering and Chemistry building (CBEC, a.k.a. "New" Koffolt)
- KL = 140 W 19th Ave (a.k.a. "Old" Koffolt)
- ED = Edison Joining Technology Center (EJTC)
- FL = Fontana Lab
- MQ = MacQuigg Lab
- WA = Watts Hall